Laughton started work with Perth Building Company in 2007 and gained experience on a wide range of projects while completing his studies at Curtin University. He graduated in 2009 and took up a role as a Contract Administrator with Perth Building Company where he worked on a range of Retail, Educational and Medical projects.
Laughton joined the team at Focus Building Company in January 2015 as a Project Manager/ Contract Administrator.
He was Contract Administrator for the $50 million Lakelands Shopping Centre. This project forms the town centre of the Lakelands Private Estate and is located 65 km south of Perth CBD. The Lakelands Shopping Centre is spread over two lots (each side of the main street) and is anchored by a Coles Supermarket, a K Mart and an Aldi Supermarket. It includes a tavern, childcare centre and more than 40 specialty shops.
Previous roles as Project Manager/Contract Administrator include:
- Coles South Perth. $8 million
- Penrhos College Science Building. $8 million
- Caversham Shopping Centre. $13 million
- Mother Teresa Catholic College Stage 2. $7 million
- Mother Teresa Catholic College Stages 3 and 3A. $27 million
- Banksia Grove Shopping Centre. $18 million
- Beeliar Shopping Centre, $16 million
- Masters Hardware, Forrestdale, $13 million